As we seek to maintain a standard of excellence, and to help each interested person discern his/her individual giftings in worship, we require every prospective team member to submit a video audition. This audition is specific to the instrument or voice part being pursued. If we determine that you are a good fit for our team, we will contact you and set up a time for an in-person audition.
For instrumentalists one can expect to play a selection of songs with the band on a larger audition event. The criteria each person is graded on are:
1. Ability to reproduce parts from the original recording.
2. Ability to integrate with the existing team.
3. Proficiency with your gear and instrument.
For Vocalists, one can expect to sing a selection of songs while accompanied by our worship leader on guitar or piano in a small setting (2-4 people). The criteria each person is graded on are:
1. Ability to reproduce the melody of the song selected, pitch control and accuracy.
2. Ability to produce harmonies by ear for song selected, pitch control and accuracy.
3. Tone of voice and vocal control.
4. General stage presence and confidence.
Before we add anyone to the team, we ask for each prospective team member to join us for a "preview" Sunday. The purpose is to acclimate to the schedule and the team and as a last checkmark for knowing where to go and when to be there. This allows for a higher comfort level when serving "for real" the first time.
*Background checks are required for all volunteers over the age of 17.
a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.